Health Care is one of the fastest growing and in demand industries in the world. As life expectancies continue to grow all around the world, there is a constantly increasing need for qualified professionals in this area. Successful graduate students from this program will be able to work in the administrative departments of clinics and hospitals, as well as manage doctor’s offices and nursing homes.
This 1 year graduate certificate program builds on students’ previous education and work experience and introduces all facets of health care administration from a practical perspective. Students will be enabled to acquire the necessary skills to manage administrative tasks in clinics and hospitals.
With the support of an experienced faculty, students will be guided through a program designed to give a comprehensive understanding of the principles and techniques considered essential for employment in this sector.
Once students receive this Certificate, they are eligible to apply for their Post Graduate Work Permit.
Graduates of the program would be suited for careers in entry or middle management positions in a wide variety of health care settings such as:
- Nursing homes;
- Physicians’ offices;
- Private facilities;
- Home health care agencies.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Bio-Science graduate (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology,
- Public health professionals
- Laboratory Scientist and Technicians
- Para-Medical Officers
- ACCT 5000– Financial Practices for Health Care Organisation
- COMM 5000 – Communications for Health Care Professionals
- COMP 5000 – Computer Applications for Health Care Administration
- HLTH 5000 – Leadership in Health Care Administration
- HLTH 5001 – Health Care Policy
- HLTH 5002 – Ethics in Health Care Administration
- HLTH 5003 – Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- HLTH 5004 – Health Care Operations
- HLTH 5005 – Capstone Project – Health Care Administration
- HROB 5000 – Management of Human Resources in Health Care
- LAWS 5000 – Law and Health Care Administration
- MATH 5000 – Statistics for Health Care Professionals
*Courses are subject to change
The tuition fees already include health insurance for the student for the length of the program.
CA$ 7,690 / Semester
Pls note that you are required to pay at least half of a semester fee as refundable deposit after getting an offer of admission.
Tuition Fees for the whole program: CA$15,380
There are 3 intakes every year. January, May and September Every year
Call +234 8095528811 to submit application.
The Canada Tuition Relief Program (CTRP) is a specialized program designed for International students desiring to study at designated Universities and Colleges in Canada. This is to further subsidize the cost of Tuition for the first year. Each student is given a cash Tuition refund of CA$1,000 during the beginning of 2nd semester.
The cost of studying abroad can vary greatly depending on the length of your studies, the city you choose to study in, and what kind of accommodation you find. Naturally, cost of study in Canada is less expensive compared to popular destinations like UK, Australia and USA, however, it’s important to plan in advance in order to know how much financial support you will need.
The CTRP initiative is one of the ways we are supporting our students and subsidizing their cost of studying in Canada. This will go a long way in making your stay and study in Canada more exciting, as you would have some extra cash on you to settle some of your living cost.