Nursing is a rewarding and challenging career, enabling you to make a real difference to people’s lives. You’ll learn how to observe patients and assess their physical, psychological, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
You’ll develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values to plan and deliver the most appropriate care for them (underpinned by current research findings) and evaluate the results, in both hospital and out of hospital settings.
You’ll learn how to help people stay independent and maximize their well-being, improving their health outcomes and also care for people as they reach the end of their lives.
The main objectives of the Program are the provision, to the students, of the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge, the learning and acquisition of skills and development of proficiencies and attitudes, so as upon graduation to be able to:
- Efficiently, safely and professionally provide top quality nursing care, on a patient-to-patient basis, in public and/or private hospitals, in Cyprus and abroad, always with the adoption of ethically correct attitudes.
- Provide nursing care services to families with an ill member, independently to whether this person is to be cared for at home or admitted to the hospital.
- Provide nursing care in places other than the hospital setting and the home environment -such as schools, outpatient units, long-term care, mental health centers and the occupational setting.
- Provide services, to both the healthy and ill members of the community, in the context of preventive community programs for health promotion and education.
- Develop analytical and creative thinking and to apply judgment and readjustment, if necessary, to their day-to-day clinical practice, so as to continually advance as health professionals.
- Master research procedures and develop research activities for the advancement of the Science of Nursing, leading to better quality care services with their research findings.